Mutual Respect

From your local mortgage and savings experts

For Broker use only

If you are not a mortgage broker, please return to the main home page

Tel: 01635 918000

Request A Call Back

Community Notice Board


Bank of Mum and Dad

Bank Of Mum And Dad Broker

Here are several ways our intermediary helpdesk may be able to help when using the Bank of Mum and Dad.

By gifted deposit - We allow family members gifted deposits.

Additional borrowing on the family home - Providing applicants own their own home, being retired or of older age does not mean they are not able to release equity from your property.             

Joint mortgage - Sole ownership - If your applicants, as parents, are employed or retired their income could be used towards obtaining a mortgage jointly with their child.  This could potentially increase children’s purchasing power and enable them to get onto the property ladder.  Parents would be jointly named on the mortgage, however the ownership of the property would remain in the name of the child, this would mean the parents would not be liable for second home stamp duty costs.

Help to Buy or Shared Ownership - We also offer both help to buy where the applicant needs a 5% deposit and shared ownership mortgages that require anything from a 5% of their share value.        

If you would like to discuss any of these options in more detail, please call or email your dedicated BDM or the Intermediary Helpdesk on 01635 918000.





Whats' going on

Hints & tips

© Newbury Building Society

Tech Help  |  Accessibility  |  Contact Us  |  Connect  |  Site Terms  |  Site Map  |  Privacy

Newbury Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number 206077). Registered office: Newbury Building Society, 17 Bartholomew Street, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5LY.

English law applies and we will communicate with you in English. We are participants of the Financial Ombudsman Service. We have a complaints procedure which we will provide on request. Most complaints that we cannot resolve can be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

You can check the Financial Services register on the FCA's website.


Request a Call Back


Speak to one of our expert advisers on
01635 918000  or request a call back:

Preferred Day to Call:
Preferred Time of Day:
Are you human? Please enter the text below into the box
captcha image
Click here to get a new image
Call Back